PP Modifier Additive (MPM - 2000)
Modified PP MPM - 2000 is a pelletized masterbatch containing a high-performance proprietary formulation in a polypropylene carrier resin. This masterbatch is Specifically designed to be used with non-nucleated and certain alpha-nucleated polypropylene Polymers including homopolymers and heterophasic impact copolymers, in order to produce high levels of phase crystallinity in extruded sheets, films, and injection molded parts. In random copolymers the Modified PP-MPM 1113 masterbatch should be used.
When the Modified PP MPM - 2000 is added to polypropylene at levels ranging from 0.25% - 2.0%, it can produce high levels of crystallinity in molded or extruded parts. The high crystal content results in dramatically higher impact strength and ductility, with very little reduction in modulus or tensile strength. If the final fabricated article is produced by postorientation of an extruded sheet at temperatures below the melting point of the crystal phase, then micro-voids will develop, and the density of the article will go down, and its opacity will go up.
When the thermoforming process is used, the processing window of polypropylene is broadened dramatically, and cycle rates can be increased by 25%. Material distribution in the final part is also improved leading to potential down-weighting of thermoformed food containers by 15%. Modified PP MPM - 2000 can be used effectively in polypropylene resins that are already nucleated with either sodium benzoate or talc, and Modified PP MPM - 2000 may also work in the presence of other nucleated PP, such as certain pigments or colour Masterbatches. Modified PP MPM - 2000 is colorless, and has broad food contact approvals.
- Higher Temperature Dimensionality as Compared to Homopolymer PP
- Higher Impact Strength & Ductility
- Better Material Distribution & Crush Strength which lead to 15% Down Weighing of Final Part
- Lower Side Wall Density hence, Light in Weight
- Lower Sag with no Changes in Melt Rheology
- White pigmentation without actual Masterbatch
- Broad Food Contact Approvals such as FDA and EU Regulations
- Injection molding
- Blow molding
- Blown film
- Oriented film
- Breathable film
- Carpet backing tapes
- Mineral and Glass filled composites
- Less Energy Consumed
- Lower Transportation Energy
- Improved Recyclability
- Low Cost and more “green” hence helping reduce Carbon Foot Prints.
- less Plastic Usage