Electrically Conductive Compounds
Premix OY Finland is world leaders in conductive and dissipative range of compounded polymer.
These polymers find application in
- Extruded sheets & profiles for corrugated sheets, boxes & trays for assembly & packaging of electronic products.
- Blown films for packing of electrical sensitive chips, circuit boards, sensors.
- Injection molded products such as trays & bins for electric & electrical industry, nozzle boots for fuel dispensing pumps, outer covers & panel for electronic equipments.
- Blow molded tubes for fuel pipes in auto mobiles.
- Conductive bags & liners for packaging of hazardous & explosive chemicals.
Conductive Compounds provide excellent solution to problems where Electro Static Discharge (ESD) & Electro Magnetic Induction (EMI) shielding is of prime importance. These compounds are available in wide range of thermo plastics & engineering plastics. Based on conductivity requirement in various products these conductive compounds are available in two ranges.
- Conductive range having surface & volume resistivity < 105 ohms
- Dissipative range having surface & volume resistivity < 109 ohms
The resistance spectrum below assists you in choosing the right product group.
Some of the advantages of using conductive plastic compounds are as follows:
- Greater design flexibility as compared to metals.
- Elimination of secondary process like electro plating necessary for non conductive plastic compounds so as to provide EMI shielding.
- Lesser wastage.
- Approval to European standards.