What is BOPET?
BoPET(biaxially-oriented polyethylene terephthalate) is a polyester film made from stretched polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and is used for its high tensile strength, chemical and dimensional stability, transparency, reflectivity, gas and aroma barrier properties, and electrical insulation.
USE OF BOPET in Flexible packaging and food contact
- Laminates containing metallized boPET foil (in technical language called printin[check spelling] or laminate web substrate) protect food against oxidation and aroma loss, achieving long shelf life. Examples are coffee "foil" packaging and pouches for convenience foods.
- Pop-Tarts are sold in pairs wrapped in silver boPET. They were previously wrapped in foil.
- White boPET web substrate is used as lidding for dairy goods such as yogurt.
- Clear boPET web substrate is used as lidding for fresh or frozen ready meals. Due to its excellent heat resistance, it can remain on the package during microwave or oven heating.
- Roasting bags
- Metallised films
- Laminated sheet metal (aluminium or steel) used in the manufacture of cans (bisphenol A-free alternative to lacquers)
Advantages of using SETAS BOPET Masterbatch :
Setas Masterbatch is well equipped with pilot plants to run trials before industrial offerings as well as analytical instruments for characterizations.
Setas R&D center has an accredited lab according to ISO 17025:2012 and conducts many certified tests. In addition, Setas has well equipped characterization capabilities such as LC MS, GC MS, HPLC, GC, FTIR, DSC, XRF, AA, contact angle, physical tests, surface characterization tests, UV weathering tests as XenonArc (Atlas Ci3000 and 150S+) and QUV.
BOPET Masterbatch Grades :
- UV Stabilizer
- White Masterbatch
- Pinning Additive
- Antiblock Additive
- Matting Additive